The University of Nottingham is a founding signatory to the Technician Commitment, a national initiative to ensure the visibility, recognition, career development and sustainability of technical roles and skills in UK higher education and research.
The university’s Technician Commitment Action Plan takes the form of an institutional 'Our Vision for Technical Talent' strategy to ensure profile and opportunity for Technical Services colleagues across the university.
We are pleased to invite you to our “Vision for Technical Talent: Progress, Impact and Next Steps” event on Tuesday 7 June 2022. Please join us and the Vice-Chancellor Professor Shearer West, for this university-wide event for our technical community at the East Midlands Conference Centre.
At this event:
• We will be launching our refreshed Vision for Technical Talent strategy
• We will provide an update on our progress on the strategy to date
• There will be a range of topical workshop sessions to engage in
• There will be a poster session showcasing technical talent here at the university, along with poster prizes
• There will be stalls from professional development initiatives and organisations including various suppliers, and the Midlands Innovation TALENT programme
• There will be opportunities for staff to network with other technical colleagues across the university
Spaces are limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Lunch and refreshments will be provided. The event will run from 9am – 3pm (with an opportunity to stay until 4pm for refreshments and further networking) and will take place at the East Midlands Conference Centre, University Park.
Please note that registration for the workshops will open in mid-May.